If you’d like to help us promote the importance of literacy, win $150, and have your design and signature on T-shirts distributed in three central North Carolina counties, we’ve got a contest for you!
All you need to do is come up with the winning T-shirt design for our 2016 literacy campaign: Literacy: Never too early! Never too late!
Chatham Literacy helps adults who live or work in Chatham County acquire the reading skills and education they need to function successfully in society. We have a T-shirt FUNdraiser every year, but this year we’re happy to report two firsts:
- The first contest for our T-shirt’s design.
- Participation by Orange Literacy and Durham Literacy, which are co-sponsoring the contest and will use the design on T-shirts they sell in their counties.
What we need from you
- Art that is 8 inches by 10 inches or less and includes the words Literacy: Never too early! Never too late!
- A design with no more than two colors.
- A design done in any appropriate medium, such as pencil, paint, charcoal, etc.
Just snap a picture of your entry and email it by July 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will request the original art from the winner after the selection is made on August 5.
What you get in return
- Your design and name on 600+ T-shirts circulated in Chatham, Orange, and Durham counties.
- A shout-out on the websites and Facebook pages of those non-profit organizations.
- Specific mentions at our September events in support of National Literacy Month.
- $150 cash.
- And bragging rights!
Don’t forget, we need all entries by July 31. The winner will be selected on August 5.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!