Holiday Door Decorating Event
Announcing Chatham Literacy’s First Annual “Holiday Door Decorating Event”
If your family and friends can’t visit you over this holiday season then consider “opening your door” anyway by joining Chatham Literacy’s “Holiday Door Decorating Event.”
Decorate your front door this year in celebration of any of the holidays that occur in November or December. Fashion your door to sparkle, exude elegance, make you laugh or just plain bust with holiday spirit!
Send a good quality photo of your seasonally decorated front door to Chatham Literacy between November 13th and December 18th. Winners receive a $50 gift card and a picture of your festive front door published in the Chatham News + Record, not to mention bragging rights!
“This is your chance to dazzle the community with your holiday spirit,” said Vicki Newell, Executive Director of Chatham Literacy. “I hope you will join this feel-good event and safely open your door to your family, friends and the community.”
Submit one door or multiple doors over the holidays. Registration fee is $20 per decorated door. Share your photo of any magical, elegant, crafty or hilarious holiday-themed door decoration.
Entries include the “Best Decorated Residential Door”, “Best Decorated Business Door” and “Best Neighborhood Holiday Door Spirit” (for most decorated doors in a neighborhood). Photos of the three best decorated doors will be published in the Chatham News + Record. All doors will be posted on Chatham Literacy’s website and through the News + Record’s social media platforms.
So, come on and participate in this fun, annual holiday event! Hurry to register at www.chathamliteracy.org or call 919-742-0578.
“We can all use a little extra holiday spirit during the last part of this very difficult year, so we’re thrilled to be working with Chatham Literacy to promote this,” said News + Record Publisher Bill Horner III. “We strongly support the CL’s literacy work in Chatham County, so this is also a great way to show your support for the work Vicki and her team do.”
Be on the lookout for updates and decorated door photos in the Chatham News + Record during this fundraising event.
Many thanks to the Chatham News + Record and Chatham Homes Realty for sponsoring Chatham Literacy’s Holiday Decorated Door Event.
Rules for Chatham Literacy’s Holiday Decorated Door Event:
- Photos of your door must be submitted between Nov. 13 – Dec. 18, 2020.
- You can submit an unlimited number of door entries….all at the same time or throughout the holiday season (i.e.: one for Thanksgiving, one for Kwanzaa and one for New Years)
- You can submit any door whether it is the front door to your house or the door to a person’s office; apartment or individual’s door at a residential facility, barn door or garage door. You get the picture.
- The door must be decorated for any holiday that occurs in November or December.
- Door is defined as your door entrance area which could include your side door windows, your house mat, the small area around your door (NOT to include an entire flight of steps or porch or front yard or entire house).
- Photos can be taken with your cell phone or a camera. The photos must be:
- vertical only photos
- have good lighting
- When submitting your photo from a cell phone, please select “actual size” within the cell phone photo settings.
- We will post all photos online. People’s names and addresses will not be included.
- We will validate the winning doors.
- You must approve the photo release statement on the registration form.
To register, you can complete the form below, click here to download, print and return a PDF file, or call 919-742-0578.