September is National Literacy Month
Chatham Literacy provided tutoring services to 248 adults last year so they could earn a GED, become a U.S. citizen, obtain a job or a promotion, and get involved in their community and children’s school, among other achievements. Chatham Literacy is embracing National Literacy Month to raise awareness of literacy needs in Chatham County and raise funds in a campaign that promotes the message Literacy….never too early, never too late. Orange Literacy, Durham Literacy, and Literacy Connections of Wayne County will also be participating in their respective counties.
Please buy a literacy T-shirt to support and promote literacy in Chatham County, and to join in the exciting activities planned in September and throughout the coming year. This is not just any T-shirt. Your shirt is your ticket to Chatham Literacy events and benefits, including the ones described below.
Buy a t-shirt now to support literacy education in Chatham County, and reap the rewards!
Buy a T-shirt, help Chatham Literacy, and join in the fun
Your literacy T-shirt qualifies you to:
- Participate in the International Literacy Day events on September 8:
- Proudly wear your literacy T-shirt…be part of a movement to improve literacy!
- Email a selfie or group photo of you and friends wearing your T-shirt on Sept. 8. You will be entered into a raffle for a $25 gift card to Pittsboro Roadhouse (email@example.com).
- Wear your 2017 Literacy T-shirt at participating local businesses & receive discounts on September 8.
- Wear your T-shirt & receive a discount on the first Tuesday of each month, at a participating business.
- Wear your T-shirt when you travel and email a photo…we will get it up on the website & Facebook.
The T-shirt is yours for a donation of $20 ($14.25 tax deductible). Pickup or shipping options are available. You can order and pay for your T-shirt(s) in one of three convenient ways:
- Online, using the order form below.
- By mail, using one of these printable forms: 2017 Shirt Order Form.
- By phone at 919-542-6424.
See you in September!