Do you want to volunteer with Chatham Literacy? Great! Download and complete one of the applications below, and we’ll be in touch to get you started.
Print and Complete By Hand: If you want to mail in or drop off your application, or if you can scan a printed form and email it, download one of these files to print and complete.
Complete in Microsoft Word: If you have Microsoft Word, you can complete one of these forms on your PC, and email it without printing.
Whatever your skills, interests, and availability, there are opportunities for you to get involved with Chatham Literacy and to make a positive impact in our community. You can:
- Become a tutor, helping adult learners develop the educational skills they need to have more successful lives. You’ll have an opportunity to work with people who want to earn a high school credential, or who need stronger English-language skills to get a job or a promotion, or who simply want to be able to read to their children, fill out an application form, or understand the directions on a bottle of medicine. You don’t need a teaching background or a foreign-language skill to do it – we provide the training. See our Tutor FAQ for details.
- Be a special events volunteer, working on fundraising events like our annual Spring for Literacy luncheon or promoting Chatham Literacy at community events and information fairs.
- Be part of a Board of Directors committee that helps Chatham Literacy develop in your area of expertise, such as finance, development, marketing and public relations, human resources or programming services. See our Board Committees list for more details.
- Be a sponsor of one or all four of our annual fundraising events: Spring for Literacy luncheon in North Chatham, Literacy Luncheon in Siler City, Literacy Swings in Pittsboro, and Literacy Swings in Siler City.
- Make a tax-deductible donation to support Chatham Literacy programming.
- Shop online at AmazonSmile or iGive.com and they will donate a portion of your purchase to Chatham County Literacy Council at no extra cost to you.