Literacy transforms lives.
WE CAN HELP.
- Read better.
- Write more clearly.
- Learn basic math.
- Learn to use a computer.
- Prepare for a GED® (high school credential).
- Learn English as a Second Language (ESL).
- Prepare for citizenship.
- Learn skills for workplace success.
We are here to help you and your family.
- You would work with a tutor each step of the way.
- Our tutors are trained and will have books to help you.
- There is no cost for tutoring. It is free.
- We offer tutoring at many locations that are safe, private, and convenient.
Adult Basic Education
We help you to learn reading, writing, and basic math.
General Education Diploma (GED®) or High School Equivalency
We provide tutoring to prepare you to enroll
in a GED® class.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
We work with you to understand, speak, and read English.
We prepare you to take the U.S. citizenship test.
We teach basic computer skills so that you can
apply for a job, use a computer at work, and help
your children with their homework.
We offer workshops to help you do things like understand your child’s report card, learn why and how to vote, and learn how to budget your money.
Before I started attending the tutoring program, I couldn’t do some very important things. I couldn’t make appointments on
the telephone. Now I can! I couldn’t speak with my daughters’ teachers. Now I can. I couldn’t understand the doctor at all.
Now I understand a little bit more each time. I couldn’t read books — now I read to my daughters. Life is better! — Xochitl
How can I sign up or learn more?
Leslie Ocampo, our student coordinator, will be happy to talk with you.