Job Opening-Volunteer Coordinator
Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Organization: Chatham County Literacy Council
Reports to: Executive Director
Basic Function: To manage the recruitment, orientation, training, ongoing support, in-service training opportunities, and retention of tutors and volunteers.
Responsibilities of the Volunteer Coordinator include:
- Recruiting, training, and providing ongoing support to volunteers.
- Providing guidance to tutors regarding best practice in adult literacy,
- Working with the Student Coordinator to determine tutoring adult learner/volunteer matches
- Coordinating literacy programs,
- Maintaining adult literacy library of educational and instructional materials, to include ordering,
- Entering and maintaining tutor-related data in organizational database,
- Producing monthly tracking reports and volunteer newsletters,
- Developing and conducting tutor-related surveys,
- Organizing volunteers to participate in community outreach events, and
- Identifying volunteers to work with Chatham Literacy in other capacities to support the agency.
Commitment: Full-time (40 hours/week). Hours worked in the Siler City office, with some travel to meetings.
Qualifications: Associates Degree with experience in volunteer coordination, the field of adult literacy, and community outreach. Must have computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, and database entry. Must possess an attention to detail, an ability to work independently, and good organizational, writing, and communication skills. Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred.
To Apply: By 5 p.m. on July 27, 2018, please mail a letter of interest and resume to: Vicki Newell, Chatham Literacy, P.O. Box 1696, Pittsboro, NC 27312 or email a letter of interest and resume to Vicki Newell at Vicki@chathamliteracy.org.
Chatham County Literacy Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please. Siler City Office: 606 East Third Street, Siler City, NC 27344