There’s Still Time to Make a Difference!
2018 is approaching…
give the gift of literacy!
It’s not too late to make a year-end contribution to Chatham Literacy!
Your donations go a long way:
- $ 50 – can provide educational materials for a tutor and adult learner to begin tutoring
- $100 – can provide instructional and office supplies for one month
- $150 – can provide supplies to participate in an outreach/recruitment event
- $250 – can provide orientation/assessment of adult learners for one month
- $500 – can provide tutoring for one adult learner to become a U.S. citizen
- $750 – can provide training for ten volunteers to become tutors
Literacy Builds Confidence!
Our Adult Basic Education (ABE) program is designed to help adults improve their reading, writing, math, and computer skills so they can achieve their goals. The program offers one-on-one tutoring at convenient locations across Chatham County.
Barry M. is a husband, father, and grandfather who has been working on improving his reading and writing skills. In the short time of one year, Barry’s reading jumped three grade levels. Barry’s workplace recently automated their equipment. Tutoring at Chatham Literacy helped improve Barry’s reading skills, allowing him to more easily learn and utilize the new equipment. Barry said, “They have new machines and you have to be able to read the instructions on the screens. Some of the guys who couldn’t adjust were let go, but not me!
Thank you for your support of Chatham Literacy!
Chatham County Literacy Council